You put hard work, time, and effort into your music. My goal is to complement, elevate, and transform those efforts into something we can all be proud of: to make what is already good even better. This is not your typical, cookie-cutter studio where the engineer sits back and pushes buttons, providing zero input, interest, or insight into the project at hand. I work with you step-by-step through the big ideas (and the tedium) to bring your best work to life – not as an indifferent technician, but as an invested collaborator.
I built this studio from scratch. Every screw and nail. Attention to detail is key. The mindset and passion I devoted to constructing my studio is the same quality I put into my musical work. With over 500 projects under my belt, and over 15 years of experience across a wide range of genres, I am confident in my abilities and feel my work and quality speak for itself.
Whether you’re new to the studio or a seasoned veteran, you’ll have my respect, creative input, and hard-working mindset. I believe communication is key to a successful project. As long as we’re expressive and honest about our ideas and goals, we’ll make something awesome. The last thing I want is to sit back and take your money while watching you get frustrated. If we hit a snag or challenge during the recording process, I’ll be there to offer input and guidance.
I limit myself to a certain number of projects each month so I can give each project the attention it deserves. I want to help you define your sound.
What to Expect From Me:
- An engineer ready to listen and prepared to share input and ideas throughout the session.
- Hands-on production and collaboration – from microphone selection to tuning drums to dialing in tone to post-production editing, mixing, and mastering. [Link to collab page]
- Locking in the best recording takes possible with no stress. I can’t stress this point enough.
- A relaxed and comfortable environment where patience prevails. I understand that all sessions come with hiccups, so you’ll have my understanding and support as we work through your material.
- High-end gear for clean, accurate representations of the source sound.
- Recording real guitar and bass amps: The amp heads sit in the control room while the cabs are mic’d in the isolation rooms. We dial in tone as we hear what the microphones are picking up.
- Attention directed to every detail of the performance – down to the millisecond.
- No unnecessary downtime through the use of three separate recording rooms which allow us to set up gear, swap between instruments and songs, and return to instruments without ever tearing down and having to re-setup equipment.
- A flat rate for mixing and mastering means we work until we are both satisfied with the end product.